Friday, November 20, 2009

Yes, we are still alive ....



I have not posted in ever so long...school is good, just busy.


Richard ADORES going to school. EVERYTHING about it...he loves to learn...he enjoys sounding out ALL print in his environment...not a good thing when you are in a hurry...maybe "hurry" and three year old don't mix. LOL


He is growing up so quickly...looking back at the picture on our mantle (momma beth took it for mother's day) and his school picture and it makes it look as if a YEAR has gone by NOT just May to September! He can be stubborn at times, but overall still has the sweetest personality and giving attitude. He melted my heart Wednesday: I asked him if he wanted to go to church and his reply was "oh yes mommy - singing about Jesus is my favorite thing in the whole wide world!" Discipline we struggle with but the one thing that really gets to him in the form of discipline is to take computer time away. He LOVES working on the computer...Ty set up his own profile and he knows how to log on (and off) and navigate to his Clifford, Disney, Starfall, Arcade, or Dora games.


He had a great time at school dressing and taking part in the Thanksgiving festivities...I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to convince him to wear something other than his uniform. He colored his headband all by himself...pretty good for a three year old, but my OCD friends will laugh...he was determined that he had to color in order: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and then purple (although the blue crayon also looked purple - but it's on upside down)..NO I didn't teach him the color order...I think he learned it on one of his games.

I must run - Ty is out of town tonight, and Richard is fed and bathed and in bed so I think that I will be too in just a few minutes...maybe just a bit more surfing and then a bit of mindless tv.

Till later - y'all have a blessed holiday.


No comments: