Friday, December 12, 2008

An Unusual Day in Mississippi

Where I wish that I had been.....




Where I was. . . .





To say the least, yesterday was an unusual day for us here in the South. We went to school, only to have sleet begin to fall within the hour, then snow, then slush....then a big mess! At times the snowflurries were so BEAUTIFUL - big and fluffy like cotton balls - all the while we had to look through the glass and not go outside....sigh.....


A couple of hours later they did dismiss the students and once they all were gone, we also were allowed to go home to our families....by then the "pretty" part of the snow had passed, but I still enjoyed being able to spend the afternoon with my munchkin - would have been even better if Ty had been off work, but amazingly where he works in Madison they didn't have ANY snow; neither did mom and dad in Clinton!
P.S. A BIG thank you to Ashley for going by to Mrs. Beth's house to help take the kiddos out for a few minutes to experience the snow....

No comments: