My coworker (partner who teaches the other two grades of gifted) did NOT plan to get sick and miss half of the school year (and not even be back yet). Another friend experienced the joy of finding out she was pregnant for the first time only to be brokenhearted a matter of weeks later when she miscarried. Another friend who suffered two miscarriages is now holding her precious daughter in her arms. Another friend is pregnant with her first baby (a little boy) and is now past the exhaustion and is enjoying this time of wonder with her husband and family. Another friend continues to look at the calendar and wonder when "God's timing" is going to be as they wait month after month to see the "two lines" giving them joy. And yet ANOTHER friend experienced a miscarriage yesterday - I so badly want to take away the hurt, but I can't - it is hers' to experience and grow from so that she can minister to others' that will come behind and travel this path. Daddy's kidney disease had gotten progressively worse and in September he had transplant surgery; after a few follow up surgeries he is now doing GREAT! My father-n-law was diagnosed with cancer towards the end of the year and has since faced radiation TWICE. I have no relationship (not by my choice) with my only sibling. Another change we face, is that my sweet little boy is growing up all too fast and only has a few more week at "Momma Beth's" house: she is ALL he has EVER known...when I went back to work when he was 11 1/2 weeks old he began going to her house - he prays for Momma Beth, Daddy Marc, and LB nightly, but next year he will be going to "big boy" school everyday - I'm sure it will hit me when I see him in his uniform! UGH All of these paths are not necessarily what each person would have picked out for themselves to travel, but God is so faithful...His love and mercy so unfailing...a pastor once told me that in all of life's trials we can choose to become bitter or better..it is up to us.
God THANK YOU for my blessings...YOU, my incredible husband, my sweet little boy, my two sets of parents, my friends that are true, a job that I love (at least most days).
'Didn't mean to get "preachy" and this isn't really addressed to anyone specifically, I just have a lot on my heart today and am lifting up each of you in prayer... 1 Chronicles 29:11-13
11 Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours.Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom;you are exalted as head over all.12 Wealth and honor come from you;you are the ruler of all things.In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.13 Now, our God, we give you thanks,and praise your glorious name.



.jpg)





1 comment:
I soooo needed that verse today...Thanks...
Post a Comment