



Where does the time go? The work week was a short one but was so busy...it caused me to be reflective tonight. I cannot believe how quickly time passes...Ty and I have been married over eight years now and our "baby" is not a "baby" anymore - he is growing up so quickly! You look towards the milestones - sitting up, crawling, walking, talking and zoom they come and go so quickly that it is easy to forget that just a few months ago they could do none of that. I am so thankful for the blessing of Richard. I pray that God continue to equip me (and Ty) to be parents that will nurture him, encourage him, and lead him towards the path God already has planned out for him. Last weekend when we were at my in-laws house Richard's sweet innocence brought me to tears. It was bedtime and he was really restless so as is custom I cuddled him and sang to him (the same songs as when he was growing inside of me and then when he was a newborn) to this day two of his favorites are "Jesus - there's just something about that name" and the Doxology - go figure that one LOL .....anyway -even after singing he still was tossing and turning, so I began softly talking to him about the things we had done that day and then told him that even though it wasn't meal time we could talk to God and asked him if he wanted to - he said yes enthusiastically - we proceeded to "tell" God about our day and say thank you for all the different blessings God has given us - MeMe, DD, Poppa, Pat-Pat, the pretty weather, bunnies, friends, food, and even Elmo - I could just feel his little body begin to relax so I asked him if he wanted to tell God goodnight and he said -"luv u God nite nite" - y'all I lost it- I laid there in the dark with tears rolling my cheeks and thanking God for the sweet innocence of my child and asking that He give me what I need and guide me so that the longings and yearnings to have a walk with the Lord will grow inside of my precious angel's heart. All that being said - I leave you with a couple of pictures that show Richard's outward growth from the past year...well - I tried to place them at the bottom of the post but be patient for some reason they are at the top and I am tired and headed to bed because it is now the wee hours of Saturday morning.
P.S. The AWESOME bunny pics from this year were taken by Monique McGonagill - she is incredible and patient and Richard loves her - I will try to get a link up to her page but you can find her at McGonagillphoto.com (I think - I will double check).



.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment