Richard was sooo wound up and didn’t want to go to sleep Saturday night. I finally let daddy know that the Easter Bunny had sent him a text message – which just happened to arrive on his cell a few seconds later. He read it to Richard – it appeared that the Easter Bunny had tried to come by our house already but Richard was awake and the lights were on so he was going to go to another street in our neighborhood and try back one more time after that. :o) I laid down next to Richard – he had his eyes squeezed tightly shut and the tv was off…I whispered to him that I wondered if we would be able to hear the Easter Bunny hopping up the street, to which he quickly replied “SHHH Mommy – close your eyes!!!” The next morning when Richard woke up – the evidence was there – there was a trail of cotton (everyone knows that the Easter Bunny is a cotton tail rabbit) from Richard’s window all the way across the living room and ending at the kitchen table where there were some goodies. The Easter Bunny had also changed out the decorations on Richard’s dresser from Thomas the Train to Cars friends. We enjoyed looking at the goodies and then quickly dressed and headed to Clinton to go to church with MeMe and DD.
I am married to a wonderful man named Ty and we have a sweet son named Richard. I feel so very blessed by God and strive to ever be thankful and to never take for granted what God has given to me. You will find posts on excerpts from our everyday life.
No comments:
Post a Comment