"Mommy - what 'dat?"
"It's a shirt that one of mommy's friends gave her for her or daddy to wear for big boy school."
"NO Mommy! Richard go to big boy school, not you, not daddy!"
"I know Richard...but this is a shirt for mommy or daddy to wear when we go to a game at big boy school."
More emphatically now, "NO mommy - I go to big boy school and I wear it!"
Seeing that I would not be able to convince him otherwise, I helped him put it on and roll the sleeves up....the result hillarious!!! One little boy grinning ear to ear and just as excited and full of pride about wearing a shirt for big boy school!
Debbie Jungers gave me the fleece (in fact she gave me two) for us to wear to the games. Richard is sssooo excited about going to big boy school (I'm positive that he has NO clue that means not going to see Mrs. Beth everyday) - all he wants to wear right now is orange or blue - big boy school colors: the problem: he owns MAYBE three shirts total that are those colors! Right now it is all about big boy school: misbehavior - "do we need to call Mrs. Ulrich at big boy school" - successfully clothing himself or pottying - what a BIG boy you are - you must be ready for big boy school! He is so excited that he is going to be able to do letters, numbers, and colors everyday - I hope the excitement continues....



.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment