Friday, August 14, 2009

You know it's love when....



you go to an even that you had vowed you would never attend again!! My daddy's birthday was at the end of July. He/we have cousins who have a cabin at the Neshoba County Fair...we went about 5 years ago - what I remember most about that trip was how miserably hot it was and I vowed to never attend again!!! WELL,,,,Daddy expressed that he REALLY wanted me to go and to bring Richard as well (Ty had to work)....so we got a room at the Golden Moon for the night before and after breakfast the next morning we headed to the fair in the ............wait for it............ wait for it.......the RAIN!!! Yes, my friends - it was raining and LOTS of it!!! So instead of scorching hot it was muggy and muddy....I do have to admit that Richard really enjoyed his cousins, feeding the animals, and the races though. Mom was a trooper and rode the rides which totally delighted Richard. I joked and told daddy that we had enough fun that I think I'm good for another TEN years till his 76th birthday!!!

No comments: