Sunday, May 18, 2008
Getting Ready For Summer Time Fun...
Yesterday was a really busy day...I rolled over at 5:30 and whispered to Ty that I was headed out to the Laurelwood Day garage sales - 40 in cash and ready to go - since I was a bit early, I went and bought myself a cappuccino at Cefco and then on to find some deals! My first goodie to buy was a shelf with primary colored bins: hopefully it will work well to organize Richard's vast array of toys (if not I can always use it in my new classroom) - next I found an interactive Barney that works with you on language - my next treasure was an Elmo chair (which I have already washed and reloaded with batteries - I thought that $2 for a wiggle and laugh Elmo chair was not bad at all) - I found some plastic linko wheels for Richard since he loves to build - at a friends' house I found him a Fisher Price Pop Onz Table and accessories - I bought myself some fiesta napkins on my next stop - and I ended my hunting with the purchase of a purse and some sterling silver jewelry for myself - Ty called about 7:30 to say that they were awake and going so I headed home to pick them up to go and eat some breakfast (I had only spent $30 of my $40 so that was plenty to feed our hungry tummies!) Then we headed down Lakeland and engaged in one of our favorite past times - we went looking at houses- not that we are looking to move immediately, but we love to look at different house plans and just be aware of what is out there - we even stopped in at Aunt Catherine's house to take a break. Next we headed home for lunch and to let Richard stretch from being in his car seat. I decided to "treat" Ty since he wanted to watch qualifying for the Indy 500 so I went outside to mow and surprise him(Ty mentioned that he was going to bag it this time - so I hate to admit that I was a wimp - I only got the side, the front, and a small portion of the back done) I finished that part of the yard just in time for Mrs. Beth and Mr. Marc to arrive - WOW - they had their truck loaded with summertime entertainment - Mrs. Cindy is letting us have Emma's old house and Mrs. Beth gave us the turtle sandbox - after washing them off and assembling them all was ready for Richard to discover when he woke up from his nap. Mrs. Beth had also bought him a sand pail full of sand toys so we must not tarry in getting some sand for the turtle. The weather was beautiful so I decided to go and get our Laurelwood Day Food "to go" - craw fish, potatoes, corn, hot dogs, and hamburgers - I brought it home and we all ate outside and Richard played on his slides and his new "clubhouse." What a fun filled day we had - time for bath, night time prayers, and sleep.... I will try to upload some pictures later of Richard's outdoor fun!!! Thanks again Mrs. Cindy and Mrs. Beth! Just in time for some summer time fun!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment