Sunday, May 4, 2008

Not Always As Planned...

This was a super busy week for me. My students are finishing their creative chess sets - ssooo cool I will have to post a couple of pics. I also had Art In The Park for Thursday - our original day was rained out....Friday we also had Field Day - then I was supposed to go to the movies with a friend - go home and pack and we were headed out of town to a wedding - one of Ty's cousins married one of my high school classmates - SMALL world - wellllllll - things don't always go according to plan - things NOT planned on for the week:

1) I hurt one of my closest friends and made her mad - she now will have no contact with me...

2) We had a "snake" incident at Art In The Park - 3 1/2 to 4 foot snake that was eating a HUGE frog right there in the amphitheater area where our kiddos were - 5 of the 7 who saw it swear that it was a moccasin - diamond shaped head - skinny neck - slanted eyes - SCARY most of all! Got terribly sunburned at AIP and as I mowed our yard in an attempt to surprise Ty.

3)At dismissal time, Dr. McCool handed out sealed envelopes to each of us - with a tight chest I accepted mine knowing what was inside - the much anticipated teaching assignments for next year - which campus would I be at - Flowood or Highland - GUESS WHAT!?!??! Mine gave me NO new news - instead a handwritten note from Dr. Mc saying no decisions regarding Venture had been made yet...

4) My movie plans(made over a month ago) were cancelled and we went to see mom and dad and got some pretty "heavy" news - the plan is to now TOTALLY skip dialysis for my dad and do a transplant as soon as is possible - WOW- not knowing about my teaching assignment doesn't seem very important now!

5)We headed to Louisiana for the wedding - which I didn't even get to see ANY of it because Richard didn't have any interest in it so I sat in the foyer entertaining him instead :o(

6)We headed back to MS for me to try to catch the 3:15 flick at Tinseltown only for my friend to call me at 3:10 saying she was there and the Internet was wrong and we couldn't see the movie because it started at 2:35 - ok fine - we head home with a cranky child who has refused to take a nap the WHOLE trip - we decide to drive by ParkPlace Theatre on the way home to check out their movie times - hmmm they have a 4:10 which means we could go and she could still make it to church - I call and tell her - we decide to run home let me get the other car and go back to meet her - I look over - guess who finally decided to fall asleep at 3:34 - no prob - go home take sleeping child to his bed - get in other car - go back to meet her - buy ticket and snacks - it is 3:50 so plenty of time to get settled in you think - NOPE!!!! The theatre is dark and the movie has started and is obviously pretty much underway - what the heck -so we go out to talk to someone - he says we can get free passes or a refund - cannot even begin to tell you how frustrated we were at just trying to see a movie - a LOT of perturbed women were beginning to accumulate in the corridor as they would walk in and then walk straight back out - the manager explains to us that the (his words) kid running the movies must not have been paying attention and he accidentally started our 4:10 movie at 3:40 and has NOT started the theatre next to it - so we saw Baby's Momma instead and hope to go back sometime this week to see Made Of Honor.... I headed home - find Richard STILL asleep - OH NO - it's gonna be a LONG night - go wake him up - realize I can't find my license or debit card - double OH NO - last memory of it is in BR at my in-laws house - go to the car to look for it - find it about 30 minutes later - come inside only to find the tornado debris of blocks, books, and little people scattered all over the house that Tornado Richard has left in his wake - TOTAL FRUSTRATION - deep breath....


....has the week gone as I had so carefully planned or hoped - NO, definitely NOT - but you know what - all that seems sssoooo very HUGE right now will one day seems as if it was barely the blink of an eye - and it is definitely not important - what is important is the way I handled myself - am I pleased????

NOT 100% -
I am so sad that I hurt and angered a friend - in hindsight I think God was working in the situation to provide safety to those involved.

I really do have a peace concerning work: I will be wherever it is that God has a plan for me.

The medical part of daddy's transplant is scary and whether or not mom is a match makes me hold my breath, but it too is in God's hands.

I am glad that I made contact with some old classmates and hopefully was a positive representation of how God can work in someones life through tumultuous twists and turns.

I am glad that I didn't take my frustration out on the totally blameless movie manager.

It is so easy to be filled with emotions that fill us up and overtake us and then we don't filter them as they spill out of us and to those around us - God please help me to be better at "filtering" before "spilling" - YOU are the only on that can direct my path in the BEST direction for me...because you know what lies ahead of me.

No comments: