Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fashion Kid With A Kind Heart...






Okay - well maybe only half of that is true - Richard does have one of the kindest and most giving hearts of most toddlers I know. Today after church and Sunday afternoon nap he was at it again - OUTSIDE!!! He wanted to pick mommy some "flowers" and even helped daddy water the "real" ones. The outfit is the result of allowing a two year old help pick out his shoes and shorts - oh well - what does it matter - he was comfy and honestly I doubt that he will remember the clothes he wore, but hopefully he will have memories embedded of spending Sunday afternoons outside with mommy and daddy and of how his mommy gave him a kiss and huge hug with every smooshed flower that he presented her. I have just been so aware in the last couple of weeks of what a big boy he is - a couple walked in church today with their baby carrier in tow - I asked Ty if he remembered Richard being that small - to which he replied "Michelle, Richard weighed almost ten pounds when he was born- he WAS NEVER that small" - to which I laughed but then we did agree that in some ways the days of him being so very dependant on us and so "new" to the world seems to be a lifetime ago and other ways just yesterday. It is a strange position to on one hand "miss my baby" but on the other be so proud of the little boy that he is growing to be. He is full of wonder and curiosity of this world around him - oh may God give me what I need to be the best possible mommy for him. He has filled my heart with such love...and I am so proud to be married to a man that is patient and kind and constantly teaching his son the "important" things in life. As Richard looks to us for guidance, may we be faithful to look to our Heavenly Father to lead and guide us on this journey of parenthood.

No comments: