Last weekend (after all the major weather) we had a pretty afternoon on Sunday. When Richard woke up from his nap he wanted to play. First thing on the agenda was to find a hat to wear - after said hat was selected, it was time to find one for mommy, and of course daddy needed one to - only problem was daddy was no where to be found so Richard decided to go "side" interpretation - outside.... ahh we found daddy! After playing on his slide for a bit he discovered all the flowers/weeds that had sprouted in the yard after the refreshing rain. His childlike enthusiasm delighted my heart as I watched him run to each flower, carefully pluck it, and happily run to mommy with a new "gift" which of course was rewarded with a kiss. He helped daddy walk around and decide where to put a fence and once he tired of that he was back to picking flowers again - after we ran out he even "borrowed" a few from our neighbor's yard. I love the picture of his sweet little hand with his treasure trove of flowers we collected on top of mommy's hat. Daddy said not to put the picture of my two guys on my pages at myspace or facebook - he didn't mention the blog - and I couldn't resist...I'd rather have a husband who joins in the fun with our little boy regardless of how ridiculous he may or may not look than one who scoffs and crushes a little one's heart. Of course before we went back inside, Richard had to appease his obsession with letters as he proudly called them out from the truck - and oh happy days - there were letters for the name of truck, a bumper sticker, AND on the tag = what a jackpot!! It was such a simple afternoon but one I treasure for the silliness of it from our hats and his mismatched outfit and shades to the sheer childlike love of bringing mommy presents...I still have them on the kitchen counter - dried and lifeless, but full of memories.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment