Friday, April 18, 2008

I survived...




My week was a bit crazy - just as I had anticipated - but overall it really was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Monday did start a bit frantic though - I had just dropped Richard off and made it half way to work when I got a text telling me that the sitter's daughter had gotten sick with a tummy bug - OH NO - not today - Richard has been relatively healthy and we haven't had to go and see Dr. Tony recently so I gave Ty a call - we quickly switched cars and he went and picked up R, trying to minimize his exposure to any nasty little germies = only had a throwing up toddler once and don't care to repeat it any time too soon - so I worked a half day and then Ty worked a halfday while I stayed home the afternoon hours. On Tuesday we took Richard to one of his buddy's house to play and to give Mrs. Beth's house one more day to "air out." On Tuesday night we went to the Governor's Game to watch our Bulldogs play - somehow we pulled off a win against the Rebels. I planned on taking him to Beth's on Wednesday, but it was my in-laws anniversary and they asked to keep him = who can turn down a grandparent's request like that!?! The conclusion of our school talent show was a roaring success and the weather was gorgeous. That night we celebrated with Poppa and PatPat at Ichiban! Thursday started early for me as we filled a charter bus to capacity and headed off on our 12 hour field trip - we had a great time...tired today but we had fun. Today was thankfully a relatively calm day at work...end of the year work and projected rolls for our two schools but my third graders were angels - maybe they were tired as well. Ty had a busy day at work so Richard and I went Krogering and bought some goodies and headed home to start fixing our yummies - marinating the steaks, cooking the corn on the cob, baking the potatos, and baking a cake for daddy - yellow with chocolate icing - his all time favorite. After supper I ran out and got a couple of videos to watch. Richard is bathed and bedded and now it is quiet enough to watch the movies but to be quite honest I do not know if I can stay awake to watch them. As I reflect on my week I just want to hug and hold my husband and little boy tightly and never let them go - another young child in our community passed away this week - he lost his fight against cancer - a husband and father from our community has been missing since Monday - as I sat in the closet this evening while the storm sirens were sounding I couldn't help but think that the storm was much like life is - it blew up seemingly out of no where and it didn't seem to have a set path - it came quickly and furiously and then in the blink of an eye it had passed us by - isn't that how life is - doesn't God say that this life is going to be just as a blink of an eye - is what I place my focus and attention on worth it - am I working towards Heavenly things or am I focused on the earthly - don't get me wrong - I am thankful that God has blessed me with material things but they are not to be my focus - not my job (the uncertainty of which campus I will be on next year), my house (the dirty dishes in the sink and the clean folded clothes waiting to be put away) - how many people have I shared Christ with - what have I showed Richard about God's love and care today - how many people saw Christ-likeness in me yesterday as I was on a 56 passenger bus? Just think about it - the now is so fleeting - make every second of it count.

1 comment:

Mitch and Cindy said...

You did have a busy week!