Sunday, September 7, 2008

Here We Go Again. . .






Richard woke up sneezing today - I'm sure as a result of his allergies flaring up after his day outside at the park yesterday - so we decided to stay home and take some allergy meds. As I poured up the dose I told Ty I needed him to help (I don't know what happened to my child that used to take meds with NO arguments - now it is WORLD WAR III). . . as he came to help, Richard ran away and then it happened. . . SMACK!. . . . SILENCE. . . then WAILING!!! In his attempt to get away from daddy, Richard fell and smacked his head (yes the same place he hit it before) only this time it was on the corner of Ty's nightstand and it broke the skin. The crying ceased, the loving on mommy began- UNTIL I was the bad guy too and made him put the ice pack on his head! As you can tell from the pics, after a couple of hours he was back to his smiling self and we had to spend a good portion of the day playing "cars" and "race track." And, YES- he likes to LINE all the cars up before sending them on their merry way - and just for the record, there is a SPECIFIC order in which he likes them lined up and he will correct you if you do it "wrong." Oh well, long day - no real nap - and a child that at 9:30 still has not fallen asleep....at this rate I'm going to have to change my facebook status of "ready to face the work week head on."

No comments: