Saturday, August 16, 2008
Can Disapointment and Thankfulness go hand in hand?
The answer is YES! Right now I am filled with emotions ranging from disappointment to thankfulness. You see, my phone rang at 2:12 today it was mom saying that they had received THE CALL! THE CALL, for those of you that don't know my daddy's situation, is the call saying he has three and a half hours to get to the hospital because there is a donor kidney available. One slight issue for mom and dad is that they were in WEST MEMPHIS ARKANSAS - they had gone to my niece's birthday party and to make one last trip for a while. I got myself together and just waited till I knew they would be closer to Jackson, my poor daddy is the one who was calm and collected - poor mom....anyway....I headed down to UMC about 4:10, got my car parked, and waited for them to arrive so that I could park their car as well. Soon they arrived and I did exactly as planned and met them inside the ER, we were hurried through and upstairs to a room where the nurses began getting daddy's stats and laid him down to draw blood, THEN the phone rang AGAIN - it was the nurse from the transplant team saying that the transplant doctors had examined the donated kidney and it was not of donation quality.... :o( So many emotions came flooding in... you see, daddy has only been on the waiting list for seven weeks and one day - that is an unusually short amount of time. We are disappointed that he did not have a transplant today, but thankful that he did not have one if the kidney was not the quality it needed to be. I am also thankful for the unnamed donor who was willing to donate his/her organs...please be in prayer for that family as they are going through this time of loss. Also, please pray that God will continue to be in control and in HIS time bring the perfect match for daddy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



.jpg)





1 comment:
I will be praying for your mom and dad!
Post a Comment