Monday, August 11, 2008

It must be contagious...


I am always giving my friends a hard time if they don't update their blogs every few days - well, it must be contagious because I too am guilty....where on earth did the past two weeks go? I have some really cute pics to upload and journal but for now I will just check in, give an update, and look forward to setting apart some time to REALLY post.


The last few days before school starts are always hectic - true to form they were this year as well, but even more so because we were not allowed in the school building till the last minute because the builders were not finished.


This past Monday morning we received the call from Baton Rouge that we had been expecting - Ty's grandmother had passed away (truly a blessing for she now has a NEW body in Heaven) so that meant Richard and I packed the car and headed to Baton Rouge after I finished work on Tuesday - funeral Wednesday (missed work) then I headed back that night - Richard stayed with his grandparents (note I have only been away from Richard for twenty-four hours ONCE in two and half years) - I worked till 8:30 on Thursday night and 4:30 Friday in order to "catch up." - then I met my friend Catherine at Salsa's and then we headed to her house to make beaded lanyards ($12 if anyone is interested) - they turned out great if I say so myself tee hee hee - Saturday I ran errands and mowed the grass - Ty, Richard, Poppa, and PatPat came in town for supper - I had marinated steaks - YUMMY - Sunday Richard was not feeling very well so Ty took his parents to Pinelake - we met for lunch at Ichiban to celebrate Poppa's birthday - back to the house where EVERYONE took a nap - birthday cake and ice cream to complete the day and then the Sullivan's headed back to Baton Rouge - it was at that point Richard appeared to have fever - yep - LONG night - mom came and kept him this morning so I could go in and finish creating a media presentation for tonight's GRAND OPENING for Highland - came home played with Richard who apparently felt like a brand new child - went to see Dr. Tony - sixty three dollars later we know what we knew before -he needs to be tested for allergies to see what preventative measures we can take to improve his quality of life. Time to call the babysitter and see if she can come down to watch Richard till Ty gets home and then I need to get dressed for Open House and the Grand Opening - I am looking forward to ten o'clock tonight or sooner if possible to crash into bed!!!


That's it folks - no time to upload pics but I will as soon as possible - we enjoyed meeting cousins in Baton Rouge for the first time and look forward to scheduling a trip to Texas for more playtime.


P.S. A HUGE thank you to our music teacher, Jason B, for all of your help with making the movie this morning - I could not have done it without you.


No comments: