Monday, August 25, 2008

Richard's First BIG "BoBo"



I'm not sure who needed the ER more, Richard for his bobo or Ty for almost having a heart attack! One night right after Richard had taken his allergy meds he was heading across the living room (with both hands full) to go and see his daddy - BAM!!! He tripped over a pillow and hit the solid wood coffee table full force because he couldn't catch or brace himself since his hands were full. It immediately made a goose egg - and of course Richard was screaming- I had always heard if it "popped out" it was a "good" thing, but Ty really thought we needed to go to the ER - all I could think was "I would do anything for my child, but I don't want to spend $2000 for them to tell me to go home and keep an eye on him." So we put ice on it, headed to the car and stopped by our friend Laurie's house - I figured she has THREE kids and would know if it was "bad" or not - she thought it was fine, but Ty was still unsure so I suggested we go see Mrs. Beth - she said that it was iffy - she was concerned about his right eye and if it was dilated or not - we wound up coming back home, icing it, and not letting him go to sleep for a few hours, and of course continuing Tylenol. Beth said he had to tell everyone all day long the next day about his bobo "right there" and "hitting the table" - all seems fine now and he has some pics of a really "cool" looking bruise...thank goodness our first "big bobo" has past - I HATE to think about the first time there is blood or broken bones - God give us strength!!!

No comments: