Monday, August 25, 2008

A time of loss, but also celebration. . .






Ty's grandmother, Mamaw Irma, passed away the week school started. We had known that the time was coming, but were unsure how quickly it would come. Mamaw's health had continually deteriorated in the ten years that Ty and I have been together - the past few have been especially hard on the family as she no longer recognized any of us. Dr. McCool was supportive and I worked a full day Tuesday and then headed down to Baton Rouge when I picked Richard up so that we could go to the wake that night and the funeral the next day. It was soooo hot!! Although this was a time of "loss" it was also I time of celebration as everyone celebrated Mamaw's 90+ life. It was also a time of reconnecting with cousins and for the little ones, the first time that they had ever met. I kept Maddie, Grayson, and Richard during the service so that Greg and Tiffany could participate in the service. Richard did not take long to "warm up" to his new cousins and they had a great time playing "cars" in the kitchen and also reading together at the restaurant. Note that Tiffany also made herself into a "bridge"for Richard and Grayson to roll the cars under! LOL I left Richard with PatPat, Poppa, and Ty so that I could work late and make up for the time I had missed - it was the first time that I had been separated from Richard for more than 24hours - thankfully they came home Saturday = I really appreciated the time that I had to work by myself, but was glad to see my two guys when they came home.

No comments: