Thursday, July 10, 2008

New Pets for the Sullivans....






We used to have our aquarium filled with beautiful cichlids, but then they went to fishy heaven. We then put our fish from the fair (from two years ago) in there....one of them died last week...he was huge (about 4 1/2 inches long). The one remaining "fair fish" has been hiding under the castle, which is not much fun for Richard (don't know if he is sick or just lonely). Well, before our company came in last weekend, Ty and I attacked the aquarium - new filter system, rocks, the whole shabang! When the Kung Fu movie didn't work out yesterday, Richard and I braved the rain and took a trip to PetSmart! Time for new "fishies" to come to our house to live. I asked for five but the salesman scooped six and I didn't have the heart to put him back so at a whopping 29cents a piece with a two week guarantee, the bag was filled and we were on our way to giving them a new home. After letting the water temp adjust we released them into the tank. Richard fed them their lunch and as you can tell from his face he adores them.

P.S. The "fair fish" (which Richard calls the "daddy" fish because he is so HUGE compared to the new babies) has become so perky and swims around with the babies now - maybe he was just lonely.

No comments: