Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day 2008!







Ty and Richard headed to Baton Rouge to be with his dad for Father's Day... I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself on Saturday as they drove away....after napping on the couch and watching some decorating shows, I decided to get dressed for the day (even if it was almost two o'clock). I went to Steinmart (I hardly ever shop there but there 12hour sale sign beckoned me) I took my time and roamed around - I felt guilty for taking three loads of six garments to the fitting room, but it was so much fun - I would peruse a rack looking and finding interesting items - go try them on - and do it all over again WITHOUT saying No Richard - don't touch and having to "hurry" so that he would not be impatient... fifteen dollars later I checked out with one pair of slacks for work...I am sure the dressing room attendant was shooting arrows to the back of my head with her glares...I did offer to rehang the items but she said no. Then I walked down to a shoe store that I have never given a second glance...I found the cutest polk a dot shoes for THREE dollars - they are a bit LOUD for my usual taste but I thought that they would be fun with black slacks. After that I walked around Target for a bit but exited empty handed. I headed to the movie theater and watched Vegas (okay but not great) and then went to Newks and used a gift card that one of my students gave me at the end of the year - by the way, their five cheese pizza with artichokes is AWESOME and I think that my new favorite dessert is there banana nut cake...comes with a warning though - too rich to eat the whole slice. I came home and decided I had indulged for myself enough so I did a little laundry and talked to Ty who said they were having a great time with Poppa. The next morning I joined my daddy in Clinton for church and then back to mom and dad's house for lunch. After a good visit, I headed home so that I could meet up with Richard and Ty - they beat me home. When I got home, Ty had made cotton candy snowballs - YUMMY - and he opened his card and gift from Richard - matching Elmo shirts - what more can a daddy ask for?!?! I am so thankful for my daddy and for my husband who is also a great dad, but most of all I am thankful for my Heavenly Father who has never let me down and is giving me strength as we face these health trials with my earthly dad. I hope each of you had a special day with the dads in your lives.

No comments: