Thursday, June 12, 2008

Is Three the Magic Number?






I thought that today was going to just be more of day one and two - little interest and more in the pool distractions of goggles, floaties, sticks, and toys. At first all Richard wanted to do was throw and retrieve the sticks - all of this being OUT of the water of course! Gradually I eased him into the water and into his seal and floaties - at first we just cruised the pool together, but then he seemed to relax. When it was his turn with Mrs. Lou he was a STAR - he kicked his legs, held his mouth closed, and even began working his arms without her telling him to do so. . . he just soaked in her praises, hugs, and kisses. I was so proud of him!! Even when Lou moved on to work with other students he would say "mommy swim lou" so we would "swim" towards Lou with him working his legs and arms while mommy gave a bit of support! Lou came back to give him a hug which he wasn't too sure about - I think he thought it was one on one time again, but when we got out of the pool he just had to lean down and get one last hug from Lou! Hmm...can't wait to see what next week will bring!
**On a more serious note, please keep Lou in your prayers - the spots they found in her lungs are cancerous and she is going back to the doctor tomorrow.

1 comment:

Boomer, Sabrina and Grant said...

HI! It was so good to hear from you! We are moving in a month and I still have not found anything. I am getting really nervous. I know that God will provide, but it is really scary still. Just continue to PRAY!!
Do you have Dr. McCool's email address? If so, email it to me please at bsggraham@yahoo.com
I can't believe how big Richard has gotten. It goes by way too fast!!! Sad but FUN!
have a blessed summer and don't forget to PRAY!!! haha!!