


As most of you know, I am NOT a gardener - NO green thumb - not even a green pinkie!!! I got a wild hair a couple of years ago to pull out all the shrubs from the beds across the front of the house because they didn't match (I know I am OCD) - anyway, I planted beautiful Nandinas and Euonomous (SP) to alternate and be beautiful shades of red and yellow - yeah well - they have all since died - NOW my solution is to keep the beds filled with cedar mulch! There are a few "special" flowers in my bed though - I have some Cannas that I went and retrieved from my grandmother's yard when she passed - I also had some lilies that my mom had given me - I thought that I had dug all of them up and given them to our babysitter - as you can tell from the pictures I took this morning, the canna is absolutely beautiful this morning, the lily is growing and multiplying like crazy, and then there is this "mystery" plant that I found in the front bed growing up from the rocks and mulch - it is probably a weed, but it is beautiful...I couldn't help but be thankful for the signs of life and God's beauty in areas you least expect it (my lifeless flower beds.) Then as I came in to get ready for the day, I read an email that has my heart breaking - one of my co-workers had a precious baby boy last week (Owen) we knew that he was going to have a cleft lip and possibly a few other things to deal with - when he arrived (early - Jennifer was having extremely high blood pressure) he did have a cleft lip, but they also discovered that he had heart problems - he was taken to a different hospital that is more specialized and Jennifer was able to be transferred there later - that is not the end of the story - after more testing, they have found that he has Trisomy 13 - this is a fatal situation unless God miraculously intervenes - most babies do not even survive to be born - please, please, please lift Jennifer, her husband, their older son, Owen, and family members up in prayer as they face the next few days. There is a time for everything - joy, sorrow, laughter, weeping, coming, and going - may we be mindful to look to God for the strength to face each of those times.
***I just received the news that Owen W passed away - please pray for his mom, dad, big brother and other family members.



.jpg)





1 comment:
Hello, I just wanted to let you know there is a support community for trisomy 13 with many family stories and message boards where the families share their experiences.
http://www.livingwithtrisomy13.org
I am mom to Natalia, she is full trisomy 13, was born with a cleft lip/palate, extra digits, rocker bottom feet, cateracts, frontal lobe fusion, complete malroation ASD, VSD,(small holes in her heart-but not life threatening) and reflux... but she is still here. She has had some surgeries and has come through all of them beautifully, with some pain meds of course. She is a very sweet special needs child. Some of these kids can do fairly well with some added medical intervention. While unfortunately some children have more severe cases of the abnormalities. Each child is very different, so we are always careful not to lump them into the same package of "not a viable life" God is good and he knows the path for each of these kids and families.
Again, we have a wonderful message board support for the many stages of trisomy.
If you'd like support for Owens family please let them know we are here...
Trisomy is not always immediately fatal as many of the text written will tell... they are each as unique as you and I.
ThereseAnn mom to Natalia
http://www.livingwithtrisomy13.org/album14.htm
Post a Comment