Sunday afternoon while Richard was taking his nap (finally) his daddy and I worked together on our latest project - a little kiddie pool for him - yes I know that we live (LITERALLY) right next door to the neighborhood pool, but sometimes it is really crowded, or there are a lot of "big kids" there, or I can't have family time for having to be "Mrs. Sullivan" and watch my "other" kids do their tricks - not good if you need to keep BOTH eyes on your two year old....so we inflated it and just for added fun we had his slide go into the pool. When he woke up I changed him into his swimming attire and lathered him in 50 sunblock and outside we went (only for him to request his sunglasses) - I never seem to have enough hands! I thought it was hilarious that he picked out his Spider man swim trunks and refused to take off his Superman shirt to start with! We had such a great time playing with him. He loved using his toys from Mrs. Beth to help empty the water out of the pool - I think there was more "watering the grass" than actual swimming but that is OK - he had fun and that was the point. After we watched him we were so hot that we decided to head in and change into our swimsuits and we all headed over to the "big" pool. We finished off the evening by grilling out. How blessed we are - thank you God for that refreshing "family" time before Ty had to head back into the work week and help me to be a good steward of my time off and accomplish things to improve our home and nurture our son.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment