Saturday, June 7, 2008

Splish Splash - O What FUN!!!








Richard's friend Emma invited us to come over to play - it was perfect timing - I had just gone outside to get Richard's pool ready and Cindy texted to see if we wanted to come and swim at her house - MOST DEFINITELY - backyard fun is always better when shared with a friend! Thank you Cindy and Emma. Richard was not sure what to think about the sprinkler at first, but quickly found it to be a lot of fun. For some reason Emma was fascinated with Richard's pool shoes and so the two of them shared (without mommy suggestion) and each wore one shoe - it was the funniest site! Mrs. Cindy gave the kiddos some animal crackers to snack on while they cooled off and had water as well. As you will notice, there are NO pics of me OR Cindy - we mommies have a pact you know - I won't take a pic of you if you won't take one of me ....although Mrs. Cindy made the cutest pregnant mommy in her two piece - narry a sign of baby to be on that flat tummy!! :o) Richard and Emma had so much fun going back and forth between her swing play set and the pool! Richard was cranky after about an hour and a half (I think due to lack of sleep the night before) so after repeated warnings of the behavior that was expected of him, sadly we had to leave. (Mommy also had to go to the grocery store) It nearly broke my heart as he cried out over and over for Emma. . . but this is one of those hard times where it is hard for both of us - I must set and stick to the limit and he has to learn about consequences...isn't that how it is with us: we sometimes push and push and then when God allows us to feel/experience the consequences we cry and cry and say not fair?!?!? Richard is such a reflection of myself that I am constantly learning from- who ever said being the parent was easier than being the child?!?! We had a FANTASTIC time though and look forward to Emma coming over to our house and maybe Wes and Manze can join in for some splish splashin' fun as well!! See y'all soon!!!

1 comment:

Mitch and Cindy said...

Emma had a great time too! I am so glad you were able to come over. Yes, I would love for all the kids to get together soon. Cute pics!