Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We Survived...and Actually Learned A Lot!








I have to admit that although the driving force for wanting to take swim lessons was safety as we visit the neighborhood pool and when we visit my in-laws at the Lake, I was a bit skeptical about just how much Richard would actually learn as a two year old... I thought well, " at least he will have fun with Wes" - No, he is not the little fish that some of the other students in his class were, but I really feel confident about the fact that he learned the basics: 1)close your mouth when you go under so you don't swallow Freddy the Fish 2) when you fall in the pool you kick kick kick and dig dig dig till you get to the side. The rest, I am confident will come as we practice. Last night (funny but not fun to clean up) he literally laid down face first in the bath tub and began kicking and digging and when I asked him what he was doing, he said "I swim!" One of his favorite ways to spend time waiting for our turn with Lou was to throw the sticks in the pool, then jump in and swim after them. I know that the picture of him jumping in and me catching him is NOT flattering at all for me, but it cracks me up that we both are cringing and have the same facial expression! We had a great time and will strongly consider taking lessons again next year. Y'all keep Mrs. Lou in your prayers as she has the first of her surgeries this Thursday morning...once she heals from the first surgery they will go back and operate on her other lung to remove the cancer from there.

No comments: