Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Took the Leap...






I donated ten inches of my hair to Locks of Love just after Richard was born . . . well, I had decided to donate this time to help my friend Barbie as she was heading the campaign for Pantene's Beautiful Lengths. I couldn't attend the official hair cutting day, so in my head I was procrastinating and kept saying "well, I'll get it cut closer to the start of school" - it has just been so bloomin' hot and I decided that when I scheduled Richard for his long over due cut that I would take the plunge and cut my "ponytails" as well. As you can tell from the fact that I am in my bathing suit in the pics, I was not 100percent sure that I was going to have "the cut", but decided to take the leap before I could procrastinate another day. It feels so odd that when I go to run my fingers through my hair there's not much there, and yes I miss my hair but I know that my hair grows VERY fast and that my nine plus inches of hair will help a very special lady fighting cancer to be able to take pride in her appearance and not be embarrassed by the looks that people may give her. I encourage each of you to donate your hair - it is something that costs you absolutely NOTHING, but the returns are PRICELESS!