Thursday, June 12, 2008

Time for Those Southern Grads...








Two of Richard's favorite "non-family" people are Mrs. Aubrey and Mr. Jamie. Ty and Jamie used to work together and as an added bonus, Aubrey and I became friends. Aubrey came to take care of Richard while I went to visitation for Owen W. I wasn't sure how Richard would react to me leaving, but I told him that mommy's friend Mrs. Jennifer was sad so mommy was going to go give her a hug, but Mrs. Aubrey was coming to play with him while I was gone. When the doorbell rang, Richard went running and jumped straight into Aubrey's arms!! What more could make a mom feel at ease (hmm...also knowing that Aubrey is a nurse and has seen it all in the ER - that helps a nervous mom as well LOL)?!?!?! So off I went in the pouring down rain...the weather so perfectly matched how I felt inside. Yes, we know that Owen is in Heaven but my heart is so heavy for Jennifer - the pain of our children we have lost through miscarriage came rushing in on me...the comfort is in knowing that one day we will ALL hold the children that God is keeping in His arms for us till one day we are together. When I arrived home, Mr. Jamie was off of work and had come to play with Richard as well. When Ty got home we all decided to head to Ichiban - no one was in much of a mood to cook and Ichiban somehow can always make any day better! Other than "breaking your budget" regrets later. My lil child who can't stand to be messy was cracking me up as he tired of using the proper utensils and decided to eat his ice cream face first!! As the adult conversation continued Richard grew restless, but thank the Lord for Little People "friends" that live in mommy's purse!! Richard has always enjoyed lining them up just so - sometimes by height, and sometimes by color - whatever the mood is that strikes him. We must have a night together again very soon Aubrey and Jamie - we love y'all even if you do cheer for that "BIRD" rather than the DAWGS!!

No comments: